Brandon Krieger of KNSS Consulting joined us to spread the word on security.
So often small and medium businesses allow themselves to oversimplify and overlook their security best practices and policies.
Unfortunately, these are the businesses that can least afford downtime and outages. We talk about planning strategies, staff training, and the core elements businesses need to focus on to limit their risk exposure and fast recoverability.
Some markers you may want to jump to :
- 1:40 : Everyone is connected. Everyone is vulnerable.
- 3:00 : Cyber-Security is becoming part of the boardroom. It's finally being taken seriously.
- 4:15 : The bite-sized approach to straticially planning your security.
- 10:30 : The basics of what to look for in suspicious email.
- 12:30 : On-premise security breaches and best practices; failing right in our own offices and in public.
- 16:50 : Real security policies; where you're allowed to store information; two-factor authentication purchasing.
- 20:00 : Live like you are completely PCI Compliant; new government regulations coming.
- 23:00 : You are not your merchant company; just because they're PCI compliant doesn't mean you are
- 26:00 : Who's really doing the hacking of your website? This is affecting your brand.
- 30:00 : Can your developer truly maintain your security? Asking the hard questions of your developer or designer.
- 34:55 : Shared vs Virtual Private Server and more. You get what you pay for.
- 39:30 : BYOD (bring your own device) need strong policy and education.
- 42:30 : Remote workers are great. Just make sure you're keeping on top of remote security methods and policies.
- 44:30 : Backups backups backups!